Saturday, March 10, 2012

Gardening, Cooking, Recipes and Much More...

I am a girl who loves a home cooked meal. I enjoy the simplicity of cooking and knowing that I can control each ingredient I put into the dish. My passion for cooking all started when I ended up taking care of my grandparents. Being an elder and with the dangers of cooking, and burning pots and pans, I took over the kitchen. I started using simple ingredients and with time each ingredient became something more special.

Being around my grandparents and watching them tend to their garden, I truly started to appreciate what mother nature had to offer. From home grown tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, zucchini's, beans and many more healthy and nutritious fruits & vegetables.

I always watched my grandparents do their thing in their gardens, but there did come a time when they weren't able to continue as they were getting older. So, to keep the tradition going, I went out and started my own little home garden. I planted some tomatoes, cucumbers, beans, herbs, and other goodies. I watered them, and watched them grow. My garden is my pride and joy. Just knowing that I can plant a little seed and the outcome becomes a plant, ready to eat is just incredible to me.

So, there you have it, as simple as that is, this is how my passion for cooking came to be!

2 comments:

  1. cake recipes
    I think this is the best blog I have been through all this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your articles don’t beat around the bushes exact t to the point.
    recipes for tea

    ReplyDelete