Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Banana Loaf

One evening with nothing to do, I noticed I have ripe bananas that no one was gonna eat, so not to waste them I decided to make a banana loaf. I went on the internet and came across this recipe and decided to give it a shot.



Here are some ingredients you will need:


·        1/2 cup butter
·         1 cup white sugar
·         2 eggs
·         3 ripe bananas, mashed
·         2 cups all-purpose flour
·         1 teaspoon baking soda
·         1 teaspoon baking powder
·         1/2 teaspoon salt
·         1/2 cup chopped walnuts


Directions

1.     Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2.     In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, stir in the mashed bananas.
3.     In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Blend the banana mixture into the flour mixture; stirring just to combine. Fold in the nuts.
4.     Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.


      This is how it turned out, following exactly the instructions of the recipe, and leaving it in for 60 minutes.

      My advice is to check the loaf after 50 minutes, because I did find it was a little burnt around the edges which I didn't care for. I would of like it a little more moist, so next time I will be checking it after 50 minutes, which  should make a difference. All in all, I would be making this recipe again, with the addition of vanilla, because I love vanilla.  :)

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment